VAST currently has two main focuses wth hydrocarbon extraction technologies. Though very different in purposes the underlying technology is ver similiar.
- Enhanced Oil (EOR) and Bitumen Recovery
- Delivers exhaust heat, steam, and CO2 down hole.
- Uses distributed CO2 generation onsite via the combustion process.
- Recycles CO2 to achieve the desired concentration ratios.
- Compresses gas more efficiently.
- Improve sure of CO2 and steam.
- Brownfield Remediation and Ocean Oil Spills
- Destroys hydrocarbon contamination on site – No disposal required
- Modular and portable.
- Cleans contaminated water.
- Utilizes recovered hydrocarbon for heat.
Further details of these applications are contained in the articles below.